As part of our marketing team, the Marketing Content Specialist will lead the planning, creation, and analysis of content that attracts new businesses and gig workers while reinforcing our brand in a clear and compelling way. You should be as comfortable researching, writing, and editing as you are analyzing the results of website updates, new and refreshed blog posts, and lead generation efforts.
We’re looking for someone with proven content marketing skills to help us build awareness of and generate demand for GigSmart . You’ll test and identify content that increases our website traffic and conversion, extends the reach of our brand, and inspires our users to take action.
- Lead our content efforts, managing our content marketing calendar and coordinating advanced delivery with marketing team members, ensuring on-time execution, proper audience segmentation, and regular analysis of results.
- Develop digital content for newsletters, emails, press releases, landing pages, blogs, long-form content, marketing collateral, and web banners.
- Work with our marketing team to implement acquisition and retention campaigns for both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Conduct customer interviews to create and enhance buyer personas and content.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Coordinator to delegate campaign and content deliverables that produce results and drive awareness of GigSmart.
- Use data to evaluate our content’s impact and push for continuous improvement that shows real marketing results (web traffic, engagement, lead generation and conversion, etc.).
- Assist in vetting and administering content partnerships with other thought-leaders and key influencers in the gig economy space.
- Brainstorm, pitch, and produce content pieces to industry blogs to position GigSmart as a thought-leader across other digital channels.
- Proofread and copy edit copy to ensure proper grammar, punctuation, voice, and tone.
Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience needed to be successful in this role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in communications, English, marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years' experience developing content for a B2B technology company or content marketing agency.
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation systems, like HubSpot.
- Strong track record of building engaging content in multiple formats.
- Professional proof-reading, grammatical, and editing experience.
- A knack for messaging consistency and style.
- Ability to generate creative ideas to drive PR/social media programs.
- Skilled at creating individualized value propositions to garner thought leadership, speaking engagements, awards, and industry recognition.
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency, you thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Strong organizational skills and an extreme attention to detail.
Expectations of a GigSmart Employee
- Be positive
- Work hard
- Have passion
- Continue to learn
- Exceed expectations