We’re looking for a marketer who loves a challenge, has developed functional skills, and is ready for exponential professional opportunity and development. In this role, you will lead the company's marketing efforts including paid digital media, email, social media, content marketing, and creative campaigns. GigSmart is in high-growth mode, we need someone who can keep an eye on the big picture and manage a lot of fast-moving tactics.
The Director of Marketing will work closely with the executive team to create innovative marketing strategies that will attract new users, differentiate the company from competitors and accelerate GigSmart’s market adoption and engagement. This position is both a highly strategic and tactical role. You will have significant accountability to execute and deliver on varied programs that support our growing business. The Director of Marketing will increase brand awareness and support sales in order to achieve the company’s overall growth targets.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to define priority marketing strategies and align them with GigSmart’s product roadmap, sales and customer retention initiatives, and the overall growth strategy of the business.
- Identify, execute and improve data-driven customer acquisition and conversion opportunities, including demand generation, content marketing, website optimization, and relational marketing
- Create and own marketing projections and KPIs, including CPI and customer engagement metrics.
- Manage our marketing budget and prioritize resources
- Manage and direct internal Marketing Coordinator role, as well as, external agency partners which includes an international marketing firm of record, paid digital media partner, and a local Denver based website/SEO partner. This role will conduct agency reviews and select additional agency partners as needed
Skills and Competencies
- Expertise across all facets of marketing (product, performance, creative and communications)
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing processes, including deep knowledge on developing cohesive campaigns, fully executing (soup-to-nuts) and meticulously optimizing on paid media, earned media/PR and owned media channels to maximize conversion.
- Clear and creative thinker yet analytical and data-driven, highly self-motivated and results-oriented, team player who will go above and beyond to deliver.
- Proven record of supporting sales to meet or exceed pipeline and growth targets
Educational & Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of relevant marketing experience within consumer-facing tech organizations that included exposure to heavy paid digital media, social media and email marketing.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation and various tools, web content management, web analytics and business intelligence (reporting and analysis tools)
- Past experience managing direct reports required
Expectations of a GigSmart Employee
- Be positive
- Work hard
- Have passion
- Continue to learn
- Exceed expectations