$1,000 Sign on Bonus! (terms and conditions apply)
GigSmart is a staffing company focused on providing modern solutions to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving economy. GigSmart's apps, Get Workers and Get Gigs, connect businesses and residential users looking for labor with local workers. Available in all 50 states, GigSmart serves the construction, manufacturing, food service, delivery services, transportation, retail, customer service, and professional services industries.
GigSmart is looking for a highly effective Business Analyst to work with the Product team to define solutions for required product features, researching, eliciting and documenting requirements, performing required impact/workflow analysis, designing the user interface and reporting on product progress.
GigSmart’s Business Analyst will work within Agile teams and provide support within the Agile Scrum process, addressing the day-to-day needs of the development team around requirements. The Business Analyst provides detailed requirements for the team and breaks down the work into user stories, guiding the Software Engineers and QA analysts to ensure deliverables meet the required business needs.
The Business Analyst serves as a source of knowledge for other departments in the company regarding GigSmart’s product designs addressing our users’ needs. A Business Analyst will perform these duties with guidance from GigSmart Product Owners.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions across departments for both internal and external applications
- Write clear and concise requirements and acceptance criteria
- Document requirements and system behaviors by developing complex use case scenarios
- Track and report project progress and circulate amongst stakeholders for organization transparency
- Ensure product quality is maintained and requirements are met through manual QA of applications
- Participate in and support product owners in Agile ceremonies and management of product backlog
- Conduct market research regarding industry trends and product features
- Produce user flow diagrams to help communicate the intended workflow and potential screen layout (new page/concept)
- Document and monitor software development lifecycle processes for efficient development
- Update/create spec documentation with no supervision
Skills and Competencies
- Technical knowledge with software applications
- Ability to perform demonstrations within team and other internal stakeholders
- Ability to work well within a team; collaborating with others to find the best solution for the issue.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, independent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Able to work under the established software development process and demonstrates ability to answer software development process questions
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Economics, Engineering, or Math preferred)
Expectations of a GigSmart Employee
- Be positive
- Work hard
- Have passion
- Continue to learn
- Exceed expectations
Salary: $55K - $75K DOE